Why Would I become a Woman Religious?
Women today make their own choices concerning prayer life and commitment to God. Faced with options of career, marriage and religious life, women accept the challenge to make the world a better place.
There is a calling for women to make a difference in the world.
. . . For women who want to make a religious commitment to God and to reach out and enable other women to be responsible for themselves whether the women they work with have been abused, are homeless, or simply trying to improve their lives, regardless of their situation.
. . . For women who want to help youth begin their lives by developing their hearts, minds, and souls.
We bring our warm nurturing to youth in:
- Children's homes
- High schools
- Grade schools
We are, by how we live our lives, a reminder of the moral and spiritual dedication that can be shared.
. . . For women who want to work as missionaries to other cultures and on other continents, helping individuals find their sense of self-worth and become self-reliant.
The people the Sisters work with seem to have little hope because of total economic impoverishment, malnutrition, or little or no access to education. We Sisters help teach these people how they can improve their lives through health education and technical training, and by celebrating life and accomplishments with them.
Today, the School Sisters of Notre Dame are an international community of over 4,800 women with Sisters ministering in more than 30 countries. We dedicate our lives to bringing God's love to the lives we touch through our daily work and presence.
We are making a difference in our world.
- Do you want to search for God through prayer and in community?
- Do you want to make a difference in the lives of women, children, and those who are poor?
- Do you desire to respond to the needs of our time in parishes, schools, social services, missionary activity, spiritual enrichment or other ministries?
- Do you value a simple lifestyle, freeing you to focus your energies on enabling others to reach the fullness of their potential?
- Do you want to focus your life and use your gifts and talents to promote the values of Jesus?
If you are answering "yes!" to these questions and would like to find out more about the ministries, who the Sisters are, and what "religious life" means in today's world, contact us for more information or to talk to other young women who are choosing this lifestyle.